My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Mmmm, obvious hinty-ness

So, the delicious Martie has been kind enough to elude to the scarce posting. And to compliment the blog title - thanks hun! She's so right, and I don't want to be struck from the list, so I'll post.

Erm... isn't it funny that when it comes time to post, all of your memories float out of your ears?
Here's a general round-up

Weight -
I lost 5.4 kilos (over a few weeks), then I gained half, then I lost 2.3, then I gained another half. We had a big week last week - my work took us all to Werribee mansion for a function (I'm sorry Rennikins, by the time I got out of there it was midnight), and on Sunday I ate almost an entire wedge of the most decadent slice of cheescake ever created. So I will have gained this week - though I'll be busting my butt at the gym to ensure I minimise the damage.
I had a PT session a few weeks ago. It's the only time that I've ever felt like exercise related loss of lunch could be a possibility. I mean, I'm fit, I can run and skip and jump and I'm a gun in the RPM (spin bike) classes, but my Lord, I think the trainer wanted me to die! I'll be booking in for more of the same though - it was fantastic, I think I shrank an inch straight away. Strangely though, I lost not a single gram that week. Curious and curiouser!

Work -
All is marvellous. I really decline to say more than that, because of all the doociness. I'm really proud of what we do, it's a great service, and people should be grateful for it. Luckily they usually are. There's a little competition based stress, but my praises are regularly sang (sung?), and I honestly feel I'm contributing well.

Wedding -
Okay, so ages ago we booked a venue. In Croydon. Put down the deposit and all. Recently I've been feeling all nostalgic, so we really wanted to celebrate everything down on the Mornington Peninsula, closer to home, and to our hearts. So now we've booked another venue, in Red Hill. These places really couldn't be much farther apart!
At the old venue, everything was to be enacted on the same grounds - preparation, ceremony, photos, reception.
At the new venue, the outdoor ceremony options are gorgeous, but I'm an awful pessimist, and their indoor option is nice, though not to die for. So we're getting married in a church. I wrestled with this idea... did we, non-churchgoers, deserve to be married in a house of reverence? And we thought yes, we are both Christened Anglicans, whom have fairly Christian values (with a hefty dose of modern open mindedness). We hope to Christen our children (I am slowly thawing to the idea of actually mothering one day), and in my most vulnerable moments, I have been known to call upon Him - hoping that he feels I was worthy of something resembling divine intervention.
So the Lord bestowed upon us the desire to search for churches - and it was good.
That means however that we need cars (probably three) - I'm coveting the Rolls Royce Silver Cloud right now.
So now I have to approach the previous venue all sheepishly and apologise for cancelling - what fun!

Wesidential -
(Gold star for anyone who just got my silly sense of humour. And my bad bible reference.)
We're getting a cleaner. Life's just way too busy for chores. And quite frankly, I'm far too infected with diva disease to actually do anything around the house, so poor, patient Stu ends up with the rough end of it all. It's not caused any arguments or problems or anything (I think deep down Stu actually enjoys cleaning), but he only has so many hours in his day, and I prefer that he uses them for something that enriches his soul.
Of course, getting a cleaner made me feel guilty, there's plenty of people who maybe can't avail themselves of that kind of service. So a little while ago I started sponsoring a girl in Uganda - hoping that it might restore some karmic balance.

Peace y'all (How embarassing!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Martie said...

hahaha - now you make me feel bad!

But good to hear that things are well with the job & coming along with the wedding.

And you sound about as up & down as me with my weight. It's nuts, I can't work it out!

8/22/2006 10:07 pm  
Blogger Janet said...

No, don't feel bad, I need a kick in the butt to post! We'll have some new wedding stuff up at altar bound soon as well.

Well, as long as over time the weight is less than at the start, that's my aim. We can't work miracles!

8/23/2006 11:51 am  
Blogger Ren said...

Gawd... I want a cleaner too. I used to have one, but my house was too messy and she stopped coming.

*snickering*

And you're forgiven re the Mansion thingie. I know where you live! *evil gleam*

8/24/2006 3:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home