My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Friday, February 24, 2006

Get a haircut, and get a real job

I'm really enjoying my new job, but am looking forward to feeling like 'one of the team'. You know the 'third wheel' feeling one gets when they join a new group? Well, I am beset with it at the moment, and hope it wanes before my contract expires.

About the contract, I am trying my hardest to endear myself to everyone, as I'm determined to secure myself a permanent position. This seems to be such a wonderful company to work for - quite progressive and relaxed, yet professional when it counts - and it would be a great place to set down roots. The role I'm fulfilling at the moment isn't exactly taking advantage of all of my abilities, but if I can show that I'm capable of more, hopefully a niche will be available for me. If all else fails and my contract isn't renewed, I should have real estate accreditation under my belt (if they don't defer the course again *grumble*).

Oh, and I have finally diagnosed my medical situation (which I should probably refer to a healthcare professional!).
I have developed a new crop of strange, inflamed, rashy bits all over my face and chest, which are far too round and specific to be just a general allergy. It seems that the tea tree oil which I had been using as an antiseptic to treat any little bumps or redness, is actually exacerbating the problem, and burning my skin wherever I apply it. Note to self - dilute! The drugs the doctor prescribed don't address that issue (just the infection I had), and I really don't know how to make the rashes go away. I have been able to disguise them (mostly) with makeup, but they're sooooo itchy, and a bit puffy, and moisturiser only soothes them temporarily.

And I do really need to get my hair looked at, it's getting too long, and the colour needs refreshing. I have regrowth - gross!

2 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

Ah, thanks Rae! I got Dermaid, another cortisone based cream. It's okay for the chesty bits, but not the face, so I have to let them heal naturally.

2/26/2006 3:54 pm  
Blogger Janet said...

Wow, you girls are a font of information!

2/27/2006 4:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home