My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The only way is down, baby

Yesterday morning, after a day of double feasts, I weighed 106.6kgs. That is the most I will weigh, ever again. I have been bigger, it didn't suit me, I will not go there again. I have no reasons for eating more than what will keep me healthy, now that the obligations of Christmas have passed.

I now have Bec's wedding to look forward to, and I am determined to have the dressmaker cut a huge amount of fabric from the gown I have bought. I am still trimmer than when I first really dedicated myself (and subsequently got retrenched, thus depressed, and heavier), probably due to the regular exercise I've been doing, but no matter how much muscle there is on these bones, I want less fat getting in the way.

Aside from a sensible eating plan, I think that the biggest factor in my success will be my personal trainer... Stu bought me Kinetic for Eye Toy (in addition to some other lovely gifts, and a deliciously sweet card), and already my muscles are aching after a PT session with my digital taskmaster, Matt. The magical software has set up a twelve week program for me, based on my answers to a small questionnaire. It starts with a warm up, then you move on to an aerobic workout, then an anaerobic workout, then strength training, and finally a stretching session.
You can also do meditation, tai chi and random workout sessions. It's fantastic, because they can actually see what you're doing, and provide appropriate advice, comments and motivation, unlike a video. They also know when you're slacking off, and don't like it when you hit 'pause' so that you can tell the software not to include the sofa as a player. Also, I can afford to do this three times weekly, as is recommended, with walks, bike rides and runs thrown in on the alternating days. At this point in time, I just couldn't do that with either a gym or a real personal trainer, but we all know I need the motivation.

Stu's on holidays now, so we're looking forward to a few weeks of living based on our whims, during which time I will try to ignore the fact that I am unemployed (a surefire way to dampen the mood!). I've applied for a few absolutely fantastic, well suited opportunities, (one with a leviathan competitor of the Fizz Factory, the other a massive trade partner with whom I've had many important communications.) Fingers crossed that one of those wonderful people at the other end see my potential.

Kisses to all!

2 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

And you WILL acheive your objectives! If I can - anyone can.
Good luck to you and keep posting your progress!

12/27/2005 8:53 pm  
Blogger Janet said...

Thanks guys! And hi to dieter - sometimes big girls have a tendency to feel like they're the only person struggling along with the unwanted spare tyre, whether it be a tractor tyre or just an itty bitty bicycle tyre. So it's nice when a comrade puts their hand up! DJ was one, but he's all slimmalicious now, and Suss is just all kinds of gorgeous - now I have a new blogger to check out!

1/09/2006 4:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home