My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Friday, December 16, 2005

Friday Fact

I am such a wussy sentimentalist.

I couldn't help but shed a tear when Bert took his last trip down the Channel Ten elevator while his colleagues, past guests, and family sang 'That's What Friends Are For'.

I hated this show, mostly. I enjoyed the witty repartee, but it is my unfortunate observation that entertainment comprised approximately 20% of GMA's programming. Moira and her gang of enthusiastic advertisers molested the rest of the schedule, making GMA a mostly frustrating experience.

However, I can't help but feel for Bert, who must feel so utterly rejected. Yep, I'm sure that the folks over at the ballpit will wipe his tears with healthy cheques, but that wouldn't lessen the pain of the 'You're too old' meeting.

Kerri-Anne will have her gaudy hot-pink leopard print knickers in an excited twist - no competition! There are rumors that either Mark Holden or Kyle Sandilands will take up Ten's lazy-person's breakfast slot, so I reiterate - no competition!

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

'Tis the rumor... I too am hoping that they come to their senses over the summer break.

At the moment Anne-Maree Biggar is hosting the GMA Summer Series, rolling out old Bert clips interspersed with advertorials.

Blech.

12/19/2005 10:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home