My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Hurrah!

I've been guarding this happy news for a little while, just making sure it was true before I blurted it out to the world.

Finally, my promotion has kicked in!

So now, the phone is not my concern, and I can concentrate on doing my job.
Apparently I'm being groomed for management, which is lovely, though that may mean I'll eventually have to move upstairs, where I'll miss out on girly chit chat.

Back at Fabcorp, the possibility of managing departments both at head office and in stores was offered a few times, but I had no intention of staying at HO for very long, and I know from experience that managing stores is an unglamorous, thankless, underpaid job. And ugh, uniforms? A company issued uniform is the perfect way to turn a curvy figure into a boxy heap, and acts as a sign to customers that you are there to be verbally abused at their leisure, regardless of your influence. No thanks.

But this will be just right - no customers, just ensuring the safe and timely delivery of product, facilitating credit, and maintaining a perfect balance in our inventory. Trust me, as our goods come from distant lands, are perishable, are classified as dangerous by the government, and are shipped Australia wide through stores and a web interface, the job is harder than it sounds! But a welcome challenge, nonetheless.

Well, I should get back to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home