My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Friday, November 11, 2005

Friday Fact

I am immensly proud that my father served in the Australian army, for six whole years of dirt, camouflage, and hospital corners.

I do not appreciate when others scoff, as I express how grateful I am that he didn't have to go to war. My dad was prepared to give his life for our country and it's people, and he is no less deserving of honour because he didn't have to fight.

Personally, I despise war. I believe that only the weak, and largely unaffected, decide to send their young men off to hostile lands so that oil may be purchased for two cents less per gallon. The strong, the intelligent and the compassionate can discuss and negotiate a mutually advantageous result, without the loss of lives.
However, the men and women who choose to answer the call and defend their country are to be respected, it is their efforts which allow us to sleep easy, and be optimistic about a future untouched by the ravages of war.

Lest we forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home