My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Friday, November 04, 2005

Friday fact

I have eight piercings.

I have three in each ear lobe, plus one in the cartilage, half way up my left ear. Five of these were made by a professional, two of these I inflicted upon myself, as a crazy teen. Strangely, my job healed a lot quicker than those done by the gun.

I never wear any more than one earring in each ear now, any more just looks tacky on me. I definitely never use the one in the side.

Oh, and the blue stone sitting in my navel makes eight. That was just a present to myself a few years ago, when I was smaller and proud of my flat stomach (not that I would ever display said stomach) . Bec and I went together to undergo this rite of passage, but over time, hers grew out, to the point where at the end, the ring was only held on by the tiniest shred of skin. Now there's just a bump where it once was.

No more piercings for me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

I suppose the urge to be studded with metal wanes as you begin to settle into your own sense of style.
It took a lot of courage to get the belly done, having heard all the girls when I was at high school talking about the pain.
But I was feeling super-cute, and at 20, invincible, so I took the plunge.
I don't regret it, but it still hasn't perfectly healed in all that time.

11/04/2005 4:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home