My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Monday, October 24, 2005

Nil, nada, zip

Not a single gram up or down in either direction.
I counted, I abstained from naughties, I walked my butt off. Alas, it was not to be.
*Grumble*

Weight Watchers is generous with giving explanations for why you may not register a loss, despite hard work.
1 - The female cycle - At certain times, the body retains weight, because women are cursed.
2 - High salt intake - Lots of salt in the diet means retained fluids.
3 - Muscle gain - Muscle is denser than fat, so gaining muscle can cancel out any fat loss.
4 - Not enough sleep - The body burns fat most efficiently both during and after a good sleep.

All of these apply to me right now. The damned cycle thing, had two salty meals yesterday, my muscles are sore from working them hard, and I endured several nights of insomnia in the past week.

I am happy to say though that my clothes are looser, so we're rolling along nicely, really! Onwards and downwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home