My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Monday, October 17, 2005

Whirlwind

I just had a great weekend - I hope you can say the same!

Friday night Stu and I went out for Japanese and bowling. It has been ages since I last bowled, but we had sooo much fun. At first, I was doing really well, and poor Stu was sending the ball to the gutters again and again. So I won very convincingly in the first game... but by the second, Stu had tuned his technique to a fine art, and pins were flying. But my mojo was lost, as was the game.

Saturday, I was was prepared for the worst. I walked along the beach in the sun on the way to the bridal store where the bridesmaids' fitting was to take place, just to make sure my mood was as good as possible. But whereas last time I had to wriggle into a very snug dress, this time it fitted beautifully through the hips - my widest feature. *beam* Alas, it gaped around the back, waist and bust, I'm probably a good three sizes smaller in those areas. After it was pinned in all the right places, it was really flattering, though I was trying on a chocolate brown version... I just don't know how I'm going to look in the pale pink.
Mum, Bec and I enjoyed coffees and solved the world's problems for the rest of the morning, until Stu and I spotted each other (he was doing errands). He wanted to send me off for a spa treatment, as an early birthday present, but unfortunately the dayspa was all booked up, so now I have a three hour appointment booked for the day of the engagement party.

Saturday night, birthday celebrations with my family. I received Alicia Keys' Unplugged album, a huge bottle of Ralph Lauren Romance, and the cutest cards! Bec also baked me a white chocolate mudcake, using the pattern from the Women's Weekly birthday cake book, in the shape of a pink butterfly - gorgeous and delicious! We spent the evening listening to old gems from dad's record collection, imbibing far too much of my favourite dry white, Christobel's, and laughing 'til it hurt - good times!

Sunday morning, Stu and Sam sang me a happy birthday, and gave me Stephanie Alexander's Cook's Companion - the must have cooking bible for any foodie - it's luxe! The card they gave me contained some of the most beautiful words, I'm so grateful for my boys. Oh, and Stu's parents sent me a lovely designer card with a crisp green hundy inside - nice!
Stu wanted to treat me to a nice lunch, so off to Mornington we went, so we could suck in the sea air while we dined, and peruse the boutiques. But as soon as we pulled onto Main st., something was amiss - the road was closed. A food and wine festival - what fun! But there wasn't a parking space free anywhere near where we wanted to be.
I'd heard good reviews of a restaurant in Hastings, and was eager to sample it, so we drove across the peninsula. I gotta say, Westernport Bay is rather dreary in comparison to my beloved Port Phillip, but the restaurant wasn't bad. It's kind of a training ground for aspiring hospitality staff, so they're all trying their hardest to please. Very inexpensive too. If ever for some crazy reason you find yourself needing a bite to eat in Hastings, try the Pelican Pantry.

Ummm, I think that's all. I have a dear friend coming down my way in a few weeks, and I'm hoping and wishing that the weather is as delightful for her visit as it was over the last few days. I want the water to sparkle, the sand to glisten, and the view towards the city to be as pretty as a postcard. She deserves good weather!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home