My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Hump day

Thank goodness we're already halfway through the week!

Last night, when Stu went out to get some milk, I took advantage of the opportunity to put the bins out for collection the next morning. Normally, they live in a place which is obstructed by cars, spare furniture and the clothes dryer. With one car out, I rushed the bins to freedom, making sure not to hit the automatic garage door button on the way out, as is often my subconscious response to leaving the house - I didn't want to be locked out in the cold!
Unfortunately, I'd forgotten to apply the same thinking to the back door. It's an easy push-button lock, which I'd obviously engaged without thought.

Ummm, what to do? It was dark, it was cold, and I didn't want my neighbour to see me hovering around outside without purpose, she'd think I'd chucked a tanty!
"Aaahh - I can get into the courtyard!" So there I stood, pressed against the glass of the dining area, watching Frasier.

Imagine Stu's reaction, seeing me on the outside steps, straining to hear the television. You probably thought he rushed over, let me in quickly, and fussed over me a little? Neh! He stood there for what seemed an eternity, a look of utter consternation on his face, as if to say "Why has my nutty fiance chosen to watch television from the porch?" I had to usher him to come and release the latch, and then almost had a head rush from the change in temperature. Brrrr!

In better news - the bunnies are back! All the way through Aspendale to Keysborough, bunnies nibble at the grass, and make me squeal in delight. Sure, they're a nuisance for farmers, but they're so darn cute!
Baby duckies will be hatching soon, and wandering past my office window.

I love working in the sticks!

3 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

Bunnies: Bad
Duckies: Good

10/12/2005 10:03 am  
Blogger Favourite Waste of Time said...

Hey very entertaining blog, found my way here from Sussy and Impulse....
Might be hump day for you but its start of the working week for me!
although I dont mind just means I get two days off each week as well as weekends, 3 days on four days off!! heeeeeeeeee

10/12/2005 8:21 pm  
Blogger Janet said...

Hey Favourite - thanks! Your blog's pretty good too!
My mum works in banking as well, managing a branch. So I know all about the funny rosters they like to subject their employees to!

10/13/2005 8:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home