My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Yoghurt crusades

After my shocking discovery about the points content of Yoplait Light yoghurt, I've swapped.

I'm now trialling Yoplait's No Fat varieties. At 1.5 points per tub, it makes it a lot easier to include sufficient dairy into my diet.

There are a few criteria a yoghurt has to pass to become a winner though. This one passes on flavours - they are accurate and varied. So far I've tried watermelon, lemon spritz, strawberry spritz, coffee brulee, vanilla brulee, and honey creme. All lovely.
At first the texture isn't perfect, a bit slippery, but once you stir it a few times, the consistency is nice and smooth.

I'm also going to give Nestle's Diet varieties a try soon... I switched from them a while ago, but they've added some flavours.

If only I could find Yoplait's Hazelnut Creme again... it would probably be 5 points per tub, but oh, it was good. Doesn't beat Connossieur... mmmm, custard yoghurt!

Oh, and if you've seen advertisements for Nestle's new Refresh citrus mousse, you might want to give them a try. Fairly large tubs, only 0.5 point each... I personally didn't adore them, but as a light dessert, they're not bad.

Better is Nestle's Creme Caramel, or the chocolate mousse. Yummm. Oh, and you can't beat light jelly for a filling, zero point dessert.

Is anyone else really hungry now?

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

They're only 1 point each - that's the same as an apple, and an apple is good for you!
Enjoy it for me, I think I'm splashing out on sushi today.

10/11/2005 12:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home