My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Don't take me to JB Hi Fi

I left last night with two CDs (Michael Buble and Vanessa Mae), and 4 DVDs (all Billy Connolly).
I have been hiring Billy from the video store, whenever I need a pick me up. I owned one of his videos and one DVD before, but I have to leave a bit of time between watching them again, because I laugh loudest when a joke is a surprise. No more hiring for me! Though I'll still be hunting for some of his older stuff.
I almost spent more than I had to, as I'd bought the four disks individually packaged, but on the way out of the store, saw that three of them were available in a box set, cheaper as well. The sales person offered to exchange, though I felt silly because it was only about $10 different, but as she said, better in my pocket than theirs.

I could very easily have also left with a new Playstation game. They've realeased a new one for Eye Toy called Kinetic.
I was saying to Stu a few weeks ago as I waved my appendages about in front of Antigrav, that Eye Toy is exactly the thing we need to solve the childhood inactivity issue. I also mused over the potential of training programs for adults, designed to encourage movement and perfect technique.
Someone in software development land is psychic, as Kinetic is exactly what I had imagined. It's like a personal trainer in the TV!
Some people might say 'But workout videos have been around for years!'. But can a video tell you when your technique is good or make sure you keep up with the tempo?
I want it! But I'm running short on ideas for people to give me over the coming gifty season... so that's now #1 on the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home