My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Things I'm cheesed about

Yoplait have lots of different varieties of yoghurt - good on them.

Once upon a time I was a devout consumer of Nestle Diet yoghurts. At only 1.5 points per tub. But I found that Yoplait's taste and consistency was far superior, and so became a convert, making sure to remember that they had a slightly higher points content, around 2 per tub.

After reviewing the packaging recently, I've found that the points have jumped up to around 3-3.5 per tub! This is a big difference- they're now more than a Mars Bar Lite, or three Freddos! So, you might see me lurking around the dairy case with a points calculator in the next few weeks, picking a lighter alternative.

There was something else, but I forgot.

4 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

There's always three things that I forget, one...




um...




oh, umm.....






(just having a dig at ya)

9/28/2005 12:47 pm  
Blogger DJ said...

So on a serious note, are these "points" based on kilojoules/calories or some other variable?

The principal measurement for the thing we're on is kilojoules. You work out how many you use up in a day and you eat that minus 2000 and you're supposed to lose weight.
Controlled starvation? Maybe.
Other things are its low carb and reasonably high protein.

9/28/2005 12:51 pm  
Blogger Janet said...

Heee! Maybe the food restriction is killing off my brain cells!

I'm going to post about the points!

9/28/2005 2:06 pm  
Blogger Janet said...

Connosieur custard yoghurt absolutely rocks my casbah. I could happily devour a 500g tub. If I ration it out in 100g serves in a little bowl, it's only 3.5 points per serve. Bliss.

9/28/2005 2:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home