My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Monday, September 26, 2005

Le Weekend

The weekend was good.

I drove for two and a half hours into and around the city. Hook turns and tram negotiations aplenty. I went over the Westgate bridge - what a thrill! The wind was low, so the speed was 80 kms, a nice quick run. The only problem was that I love to watch the view when driving over said bridge, so I had to force myself to keep my attention front and centre. I also had to force myself to not drive in to unknown Western territory, to plant a kiss on sassy Suspira.

We had a nice walk to stretch our legs on Lygon st., heard roars from invisible crowds tucked away in bars at the end of The Game, and later dined at DiMattina's. We shared oysters for entree, and I had chicken and avocado fettucine for my main.

We got home at a fairly reasonable time and so caught most of Gladiator. Now, the themes in this movie get me choked up at the best of times, but halfway through Stu raises the subject of the possibility of one of us dying earlier than the other, and the surviving partner finding another person to love. Apparently Stu is fine with the idea of me finding another person if he leaves this world a long time before he should, on the condition that the replacement man treats me well. Cue major teary for Janet. I sobbed at the thought of my precious man not being around. And then the movie ended, and I sobbed again because Maximus found his family in the afterlife. Loyalty is beautiful.

Sunday was lovely. Sampled the fruitcake that mum and I made together last week. Two thumbs up - the perfect wedding cake for my sister. Dense but moist (the cake, not Bec).
I was so organised I managed to get Monday's dinner ready on Sunday, and had lots of time to thumb through my pile of wedding mags, removing the pages containing things that caught my eye. I have a 'look book', which is my folder for inspiration when I actually start to do some planning for the wedding. I don't want to use the word 'scrapbooking', but it is a bit like that, each page dedicated to a certain aspect (groom, engagement party, bridesmaids, etc.), laid out just so, with a few embellishments to tie the theme together. It's nice to look at the completed pages and get a feel for what it might be like when it all comes together.

Very late night in the end, as I dawdled about in the process of getting ready for bed.
*Yawn*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home