My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Monday, September 19, 2005

I hate Mondays...

...but then, who doesn't?

Really, at what point in evolution did mankind decide that time spent working should far outweigh time spent in recreation?
Anyways, my weekend was nice, exacerbating my desire for it to not end.

I walked the soggy streets of Melbourne on Saturday, in search of cake decorating tools for Bec's wedding. Originally, my parents were going to pick me up at 6:30am, and then we'd sit around while dad did some work, finally going shopping at 10am. There was no way I was getting up before 6am on a Saturday, so I took a train in and met them at 10am. Much more civilised.

I was very well behaved, the only thing I bought was Antigrav for the Playstation... we have been hunting for this game for some time, as it makes use of the Eye Toy, which I adore. There's something about flailing your appendages in front of the TV that warms the heart. Except when you can't get the lighting right, so the controls go all wacky. *grumble* Best played at nighttime.

Oh, I also bought my family some chocolates at Haighs, which I hope to have as bonboniere in the distant future. Champagne truffles... mmm. I've had them as my preferred option for some time now, but when my 15 year old brother, John, gives them the thumbs up, you know you're on to a winner. Pricey, but worth it.

That evening, after I dragged myself away from Antigrav, Stu and I went to see the new Wallace and Grommit movie - which is very good! Funny, quaint, ingenious.

Stu's guitar lesson was cancelled the next day, so we had a lazy but productive morning. I went through the time consuming ritual of washing and blowdrying my hair, and made baked potatoes stuffed with ricotta and chives for lunch. Tasty!
More Antigrav, and then we got ready to have a driving lesson. Alas, our 1983 Holden Camira was dead in the garage. It was really okay, because we have a shiny Focus sedan as our everyday car, but we want to use up the remaining petrol in the Camira before we consign it to the heap, as it's no good in the new car, and it is a costly resource at the moment.
So the RACV came out and gave the battery a boost, and we were fine to go. It turns out that it needs to be driven at least twice a week, or the battery will die.
I drove to Mordialloc, we took in a long walk along the creek, then up the pier at the beach, then drove back home, where we collapsed in a heap.

So much walking and jumping around in front of the TV left me with quite a sore lower back, so I rounded off the day with a Coconut Cream body butter back massage, while people tried to sing on Idol. No one in that competition is floating my boat at the moment... this year might be a lost cause.

I'm really trying to be happy that I'm at work today... but I'm failing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home