My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Gifty goodness

I must say that Christmas is by far my favourite holiday, what with the anticipation and the reciprocity and the gingerbread.
Birthdays are pretty good too, but you don't get to decorate a tree for your birthday, and it's less of an 'us' time, than a 'me' time.

Alas, despite my best efforts to forget, my family keeps reminding me that the 23rd annual Janstravaganza will take place in a month. 'Give us a list of what you want!' were the cries that rang around the table last weekend. What a decadent idea, creating a list of all the things your heart desires. So here goes...

In car charger for 20 GB ipod
Digital kitchen scales
Subscription to Who Magazine
Subscription to OK! Magazine
The Best of Martha Stewart Living Weddings (Hardcover)
Memoirs of a Geisha: Images from the Film (Newmarket Pictorial Moviebooks) (Hardcover)
Ralph Lauren 'Romance' (preferably EDP)
L'oreal - Home Microdermabrasion Set
Alicia Keys - MTV Unplugged Album
India.Arie - 'India's Voice'
Vouchers - for movies, spa treatments, department stores
Dusk scented votives or container candles
Imaginatively labelled wines - I prefer chardonnay
Contribution to outdoor setting

This pretty much sums me up... some stuff for the house, some good sounds (in my opinion, I respect the fact that not everyone likes my music), some nonsense, some little luxuries, and a desperate plea to get my complexion glowing.

This list is tailored to suit the differing capabilities of my loved ones to pay for gifts, and will hopefully cover Christmas as well. Some items aren't available yet, and note that I didn't include a Kompressor, or therapy, or a view of the bay from my window - all things I'd love to have, but let's be realistic!

By no means is this list gospel. If all I get are handmade cards and a home cooked meal, I will be over the moon, as it's the togetherness and thought that means the most to me... the candles will melt, the perfume will evaporate, the magazines will be devoured then consigned to the rack. But experiencing these things will be another subconscious reminder of the fact that I have a warm, loving family deposited about my home town, ever ready to shoulder my burdens and celebrate my successes. Ah, I'm so sentimental!

2 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

You should make that a wishlist at Amazon or some other online e-tailer, then not only can you email it to your fam/friends, but you never know the randowm kindness of strange bloggers. Then again, who am I kidding...? Wait. I may have done that already for someone before, who's to say?

9/13/2005 12:37 pm  
Blogger Janet said...

Yeah, I've seen that kind of thing at Sussy's site... I might just put something together.

And yeah, I'm so tempted to bestow gifts upon all of my daily blog pals, just to thank them for entertaining me every day!

9/13/2005 1:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home