My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Monday, September 05, 2005

Oh, the cuteness!

"Quick fact for you baby - you are one day older than Nick Riewoldt. And he likes the OC.
Love Stu"

That was the entire email - adorable!

For those playing internationally (or are just not interested in footy) Nick plays for the victorious St Kilda Saints. Fingers crossed they reign at this year's AFL grand final (but not in 2007, mkay?).It's generally accepted that Fraser Gherig isn't the most attractive creature, with his micro shorts and overgrown awkwardness, but I must say that Nick doesn't really bake my biscuit either... I'll leave him to the fangirlies.

But really, how can you not like the OC? Okay, please don't give me reasons, I know that it makes no contribution to our society other than giving teenage girls some boys to lust after, and documenting many of today's social ills, but it's just so trashy that it's tasty! It's like Who magazine, but with less Mischa Barton, and no crossword.
It's saving grace is that it knows that the entire soap-drama genre is a load of self-important drivel, and stands as a parody of the industry - satire and intrigue - I love it!

And what a cliffhanger! Marissa's going to have to answer to the law after shooting Ryan's brother, Seth and Summer are going to break up and make up again fifty times, Kirsten's been sent off to recover from her alcoholism, and God knows what's going to happen to Julie!

My bets are that Julie will have the finger pointed at her for Caleb's death (she had intended to kill him anyway, but then had a mushy moment and decided against it). It will look especially suspicious because she had been cheating with her ex husband (Jimmy, Marissa's father) throughout the marriage. She only broke up with Jimmy because he went bankrupt, after embezzling funds from his clients - so it may appear that she only married Caleb to fund her lifestyle with Jimmy... maybe I'm reading too much in to this!

I'm going to shut up about the OC now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

*LOL!* - I know, it's my guilty secret! (well, not secret anymore!). But there are many facets to my personality... I'm just one big riddle!

9/07/2005 11:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home