My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Friday, September 02, 2005

Budget binge

We here at the Fizz Factory have a pretty good deal. We're a smallish company, so everyone tends to get along. I came third in the footy tipping (despite my general football ignorance), so I earnt respect, and a tidy return on investment! And when we make budget, management supplies a generous boozy lunch.
Now that's great, and in the interests of being a team player, I've previously indulged appreciatively in their offerings.

We achieved our target this month, good on us. So today will be decadent day. But this time, I'm taking a stand! No fried foods for me! No luscious roast chicken! No savoury snacks! No sweet treats! And certainly no alcohol!

I am weighing in this Saturday morning, and I will not have a bad result! While everyone else gorges on fish and chips, I will have two steamed dim sims (= two points), and my vegetable soup. Even though my usually shy demeanour could use a glass of wine, I will not relent - they are wasted calories, and I deserve success! I've found in the past that saying no actually makes me feel better than battered flake ever will, and strengthens my resolve.

I will pass this test, and then on Monday, I will hopefully blog about good times on the scales!

1 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

Go Janet!

9/02/2005 10:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home