My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Friday, August 26, 2005

Lost in Translation

Oh, guys, I really love that Alanis Morrisette song generator.

Here is its interpretation of my feelings about camouflage clothing on civilians. I've chopped out some nonsense, the other nonsense is below.

"Will to Live"

I feel miserable, Teens make me ill
I feel miserable , Friends tear at my foundations
I feel miserable, Pants are dragging me down to the depths of misery
I want to die*

Is it because of Camouflage that I feel this way?
With the blue rays of misery pounding on my brain?
Or am I lost in a tale of Sylvia Plath, adrift far from home
I don't think so, I don't think so.

I feel miserable, Tops rot the flesh from my bones
I feel miserable, Sheep defeat my purpose
I feel miserable, Uglies are doing their best to impale my soul
I want to die*

(note recurring themes - yes, I like the colour blue, and love the work of Sylvia Plath, poor soul)

*No, I don't.

But really, has anyone noticed the gaggles of teenage girly geese wandering around in matching clothes?
For a while it was those bum scrunchies, designed to hide the overhang of poorly fitting jeans.
Now, camouflage is back.
Groups of friends are all gussied up like a collectible set of Supre models ready for combat.

Well, they might just qualify for Bronny's new idea to let tweens into the armed forces...

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

I wonder, do they all call each other and say, 'I'm wearing my tiny jeans today - you wear them too!'? What ever happened to originality? Eh, I guess that's popularity for you!

8/29/2005 10:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home