My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Friday, August 26, 2005

My fizzle will be completely shamizzled

Fast paced weekend lined up -

Girlfriend's party tonight. The invitations stipulated 'girls only' - what's that all about (strippers, lingerie, avon?)? But then, invitation came in form of SMS, two days ago. Eh, gotta be flexible! I will need to wrangle some time this evening to buy a card and a gift - the most agonising process for me!

Must go to Medicare tomorrow morning - I can never be anywhere before noon on a weekend which is coincidentally when they close. However, don't most people have full-time jobs?! Gone are the days when the woman sent the kids off to work, ran errands in the city, and arrived home in time to roast a farm animal for the master of the house. This government is so out of touch...

Then off to lunch with two of my greatest longtime friends in Mornington.

Then dinner with my family. My sister will be making 'devilled sausages', as her fiancee has what we will call a 'traditional' palate. Comfort food is good for the soul, bad for the hips!

But we have Sunday off. Phew! We'll try and fit in a driving lesson (yes, I'm still learning to drive... let's just say I got 'sidetracked'!), and perhaps a leisurely stroll along the beach, which is literally 200 metres away from the lovenest, lucky us! Oh and I must find some time to devour Who magazine - my trashy weekend indulgence.

Also planning to concoct a huge batch of 'point free soup'. I guess it's like the soup they make you consume in vast quantities when you subject yourself to the 'kick start diet'. However, in the interests of not dying of malnutrition, it will simply take the form of lunches during the week, making it easier to stick to 22 points per day of fruits, cereals, dairy and protein... oh yeah, I'm yet to go on about Weight Watchers here. Well - you've been warned!

Good times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home