My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

They picked meme!

The sexilicious Suspira tagged me...

List five songs that you are currently digging - it doesn’t matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying right now. Post these instructions and the five songs (with artist) in your blog. Then tag five people to see what they’re listening to.

1. Drunk on Her Taste - Elixir. This absolutely enchanting band is comprised of Katie Noonan from George, her brother, and a couple of modern jazz cats. I like their sound more than that of George... it's the kind of music you can enjoy a coffee and a magazine with on a lazy Sunday. And I love trying to wrap my voice around some of Katie's more realistic notes!

2. Summertime - Ella Fitzgerald. Literally makes me feel like I'm lying beside a river hidden by tall sun bleached grass blowing in the warm summer breeze, with not a care in the world.

3. Whip It - Devo. Ridiculous, I know, but it's fun to sing in the car on the way to work.

4. It's Love - Jill Scott. It perfectly captures the wild abandon of being head over heels in love... I think an Australian car company used it for a campaign a few years ago. That's the only way I can explain that I was very familiar with this song the first time I played it. Jill is credited as having written it, so I don't believe it's a cover...

5. Caged Bird - Alicia Keys. Another great one for testing the vocal chords, features some sweet spots right in the middle. I must say that Alicia has spoiled me for other artists, hers was, hands down, the best concert I have ever been to. Wonderful soul, who had me dancing, singing, and not wanting the night to end.

I'm also wanting to get into some Stevie Wonder - I might start with a 'best of', because I know his albums are going to feature some really 80's B sides that I just won't enjoy!

I'm going to decline the tagging option, because this one's done the rounds, and all my favourites have aleady divulged their musical secrets... except DJ I think. Have you checked out the Deej's other blogs - hee - funny, cryptic stuff!

5 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

psst. its http://jaded-dj.blogspot.com

(Omit the www)

8/31/2005 10:12 am  
Blogger Janet said...

Oh...I was just copying and pasting from the address bar...
But then, do you think that I could possibly publish this post without it deciding where to put line breaks and paragraphs - stupid Blogger!

8/31/2005 10:25 am  
Blogger Janet said...

Fixed your link, and Blogger's random formatting. *sigh*

8/31/2005 10:32 am  
Blogger DJ said...

So you want my faves?

8/31/2005 11:43 am  
Blogger Janet said...

Oh, yes please!
I hadn't checked my older posts for comments. I can't get it to tell me when someone has commented - it's driving me nuts!

9/06/2005 10:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home