My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I'm soooo tired

Ridiculously tired.

I even got eight hours sleep (well, it was punctuated by ensuite time - my stupid body couldn't possibly let me rest without needing to wake up for the bathroom), and we left for work pretty much on time this morning... but I'm just feeling sluggish.
I'm getting all the vegetables and proteins and such that I need... I just can't figure it out. I've stopped drinking coffee recently, after a very bad episode of sickness and rush to hospital - maybe I'm suffering withdrawls? I had a killer headache last night as well, I had to down two Panadol tablets and lie on the bed with the lights off, followed by some electrolyte drink to make sure I was properly hydrated.

I think it might be psychosomatic... my kitchen table is absolutely invisible under a glut of craft supplies, as the lovenest has become the engagement invitation factory. I feel like I'm back at uni, getting all my pieces done for a big assessment. The only difference is that I'm not pulling all-nighters to get it done.

That said, I'm enjoying the assembly of said invitations, it's nice to put my design hat back on. I think we've come up with an appropriately elegant, adequately decorated design, which pays respect to the colour scheme of the main event (black and silver). Each one incorporates three types of paper, three types of adhesive, satin ribbon, pewter embellishments, and loads of folding and measured cutting (And thus, loads of scrap materials and tools strewn about the place).

We always eat every meal in the dining area, so it's strange eating at the coffee table, and gazing over at the mess I've created! We have an open plan living/kitchen/dining/study area, so the two square metres of organised chaos makes the whole space feel messy. But I only have ten left to complete, so after a big clean up tonight, our house should be back to normal.

Perhaps then, my brain will be back to normal, and I'll get some benefit from my snooze time!

2 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

You know you MUST post photos of these creations you're making don't you?

9/06/2005 10:11 am  
Blogger Janet said...

We'll probably post a pic of one on Altar Bound... in fact, the design lends itself to possibly becoming the masthead.
We might wait until after the event, so some crazy psycho doesn't join the festivities! Or put a generic one on... we'll see, but you'll definitely get a look!

9/06/2005 10:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home