My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Fugly

I'm in such a fug today. The sky is grey, as is my mood. Various reasons.

My daily chat pal is away has been away from work a few days, pursuing more interesting things, understandably. I miss her witty repartee.

The cat is still on his rampage, yowling and clawing my feet mid snooze. Closing the door results in more yowling. At least if he's attacking my feet, he's only waking me up, and Stu can indulge in peaceful slumber. We found today from a consummate cat lady that fixing him (which is due to be done about now) should put an end to his 'cheekiness', so I guess that's sunshine on the horizon. But at this moment, I'm tired and listless.

I also feel bad because my friend's birthday was Monday, and I didn't get to celebrate it with her. This coming weekend, we will have a combination celebration, including my own birthday, as it's just too hard getting everyone together, so hopefully that will lighten my guilt.

A few months back, I was promised a promotion from '#1 phone lackey with a whole load of other responsibilities' to '#3 phone lackey, able to concentrate on other responsibilities, with potential for further career advancement to managerial position'.
Nothing has changed, other than me taking on more work from other assistants with plenty of time to spare. I am still harassed by at least 50 of Australia's finest rejects per day, all of whom believe that I am simultaneously responsible for every problem they have with our company, and am incapable of summoning an independent thought. Please, someone, divert the phone lines! That's all it would take to put a comfortable distance between myself, and the great unwashed. I'm biding my time, but my patience is waning.

On the upside, I received a voucher from my favourite dayspa, in recognition of my impending birthday. That might be just what I need...

1 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

I thought Sussy had all the world's morons call her. Now you're saying they call you too. Good heavens!

10/05/2005 12:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home