My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Friday, October 28, 2005

A fact and a photo

The very smallest I have been as a fully grown person is 79 kgs.

This is still more than my current goal, but at the time, I was between a size 12-14, and was thrilled about it. (I would still be thrilled about it!). I can just see all the slimjims recoiling, thinking, 'You're proud of that?' Well, yes, I am. I was in great shape, though a little part of me thinks my face is prettier when it's fuller.

I can't find a good picture of me from that time, but here's one of me at about 85 kgs.
I personally can see a huge difference between now, and then. This picture is my inspiration, something to motivate me towards what I deserve. It's not the end point, but shows me that I'm going to look and feel noticeably better along the way.

If I find myself getting to a point where I look and feel great, but am still above 69 kgs, then I'm happy to stop, and maintain that weight. It's about health, and what my body can sustain, it's not a competition.

2 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

I've met plenty of terribly unhappy, skinny people and plenty of content-with-themselves "Normal" sized people. The point is that getting too caught up in mirror gazing can destroy you from the inside out. Not that you'll end up like that, will you?

10/28/2005 3:12 pm  
Blogger Janet said...

Of course not! I am literally at my very happiest right now, when I am close to the largest I've ever been. Things are stacking up quite nicely, and I am in a good state of mind to turn my attentions to my health.

Even in my smaller picture, I am what doctors would consider to be overweight. I want to have good health so that Stu can look forward to a long life with me, and if we lose our minds and decide to have kids, we can be healthy for them too. The outward appearance is just an indication of my health.
At this point in time I am fit and healthy, but I cannot be sure that if I remain at my current weight that I will not get diabetes or have problems with my joints. I'd rather take care of myself now, before those things become a problem.
And I really like shopping, which is even more fun when every shop has something that suits you!
I'll be fine Deej, I know my fiancee thinks I'm a cutie, no matter how big or small I am, and on a good day, I agree!

10/28/2005 3:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home