My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

My me, my my, blue knee, French fries

Or however that song goes.

So, on the weekend Stu was hankering for takeaway, as all growing boys do. I wanted something satisfying, yet behaved. I was really up a creek without a paddle! So the behaved part of me won, and I bought a Macdonald's chicken salad, with mango and sesame dressing.

Now, the whole Macdonalds aesthetic never appealed to me, all vinyl cushioning and fibreglass booths, but my goodness, the store I visited the other day actually looked great. I'm ashamed to say it, but the design was nicer than many real restaurants I've visited! The shapes were all pared back, with a tasteful palette, and none of those awful prints they insist upon displaying. Loverly. I'm sure that it's all mass purchased, and done fairly inexpensively with artificial materials, and yes, it's all a ploy to snare our patronage, but it's still a step forward for Maccy-D's.

Now, if the staff at this particular store could try not to be incompetent, they'd be on to a winner.
Oh, and really, why integrate a cafe with a restaurant, if you have to buy items from each separately? I decided that Stu deserved a caramel slice, and I needed a banana muffin (b vitamins are good for you!), but had to buy these independently from my salad. Nonsense!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home