My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Billy!

My list of things to do before I die is soon to become very much shorter, as I am a lucky purchaser of tickets for Billy Connolly's 'Too Old to Die Young' tour, to be enjoyed on January 24, 2006.

I have eagerly checked for updates on a possible Billy tour for some years now, when rumours first started to surface, but hit the jackpot when his website told me that it would definitely be happening next year (as I squealed about earlier!) . I signed up for every advance notice presale waitlist opportunity. And yesterday, my efforts turned up roses.

The first email I opened after a day of rest was the delightful news that I could buy reserved tickets to see Billy, in the best part of the theatre. Clickety click on the links, only to find that Friday, Saturday and Monday are all unavailable. My last hope was for the Tuesday performance, and luckily, my request was approved.

I was a bit confused about how others could have gotten in so quickly, given that I was opening this email at 8 am on Wednesday morning. But then I realised that it had been sent early on the Tuesday - a freaking public holiday for Victoria! What moron decided to send it then? Doesn't that negate the 'advantage' of a presale, if many have decided to do something away from a PC that day? Well, obviously some didn't, but that doesn't make for an even playing field. I imagine that the service is facilitated interstate, likely Sydney, but when you offer a service nationwide, you should be catering to the circumstances in all states.

Well, I really can't grumble, cause I'm going to see Billy, with great friends and family, in A level seats! Plus, being on a Tuesday means that I can take a day off in the middle of the week. Joy!

Now I just have to decide whether to wear heels, or some big banana feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home