My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Peep!

Okay...
  • Monday - I stayed exactly the same again, weight wise. I would almost rather gain, at least then I would know that my scales are working!
  • On Wednesday, I fell over, and acquired myself a twisted ankle, plus an ugly gaping wound on my left shin. Much love to the pharmacy ladies who patched me up.
  • Yesterday, I met with a recruitment consultant. This service has been supplied by the Fizz Factory, as a parting gift, of sorts. This delightful lady, M, placed me at the Fizz Factory, so we know each other well enough, and it's comfortable knowing that I'm navigating this enemy territory with a co-pilot.
    We identified my deep longing to pursue market research (oooh - statistics!), however M recommended a few opportunities which would be a lovely fit otherwise. Both great positions, with lovely remuneration rates, alas, geographically undesirable. Currently, my desperate need to work is telling me "Apply!", however, my rational side says "Don't! You hate travelling too far to work." It was half an hour to Fizzland by car, and I would have to say that 45 minutes driving is my max. I'm happy to do public transport for a while, which will always take longer, but it is my eventual aim to not have to leave the house before 7:30 am. I'm too picky for my own good, but really, I'm a 'work to live' type.
  • I picked up my bridesmaid's dress for Bec's wedding today. Far too big already, the seamstress will have a heart attack when I take it for alterations in late February. At least this means I'm losing inches, if not kilograms.
  • I miss you guys.
    Suss, baby, I think of you all the time, type you silent thought messages throughout the day. When your schedule opens up, I'm yours.
    Jicksypop, let's catch up, I need your trademark optimism! (And to find out what it is you wish you hadn't said!)
    Deej, can you please come by and be my diet coach? Oh, and I emailed you, as urged by my alternate lover.
    Special K, keep up the good work. My intuition says you're a hottie, but WW will definitely help you to feel fantastic, even if it takes time.
  • I love, love, love my fiancee. He's so patient and supportive, and just taught me how to perform line breaks, to override Blogger's awful excuse for formatting.

2 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

I don't know enough about the WW program to be of help. If you were doing the CSIRO one I'd simply say "Do what it says to the letter, at least for the first 3-4 week until you understand how its put together, then its easy to swap this for that and stay within the diet".

But you're not.

12/12/2005 4:40 pm  
Blogger Janet said...

Yeah, well, I don't think the people who created the WW program know much about it either!

12/13/2005 10:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home