My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Monday, December 19, 2005

Downtime

It's all a ghastly nightmare, my friends.

Over the last week, I've been really down. The last time I cried for myself (and not Bert) was last weekend, and it set the tone for the week to come. I just want to contribute to my household. Sure, there's the payout, but I would really prefer to leave that in my savings, and use it to our future advantage.
However, add this delightfully festive time, with the expectations of presents and cheer, and my cash is needing to be stretched further. Because of Christmas, good opportunities are thin on the ground, so it's unlikely that I'll see work any time soon. And of course my dentist feels that I need two preventative fillings, and to have my wisdom teeth removed, but all of that can wait until I have a regular income.

So I'm a little bit depressed. And what does an emotional eater do when depressed? You guessed it, I didn't really restrain myself as one should when following the WW routine. No bingeing craziness, and I still worked out, but just an extra dollop of light mashed potatoes here, and a small serve of frozen custard there, was enough to help me pile on 1.9 kgs. I lost 0.2kgs last week, so it all equates to a total weight of 105.6 kgs. Joy.

I'm going to behave every single day of this week - no treats, nothing extra. On Christmas day, I'll enjoy one last hurrah. And then I am going to bust my ass. Points perfectly balanced, workouts strenuous, less salt, less sugar points.

I'll be posting pictures to prove my efforts have not gone to waste, but I'm determined to have lost at least 10 kgs by Bec's wedding in early April. And you all have permission to reprimand me for doing anything different. I can't justify the expense of WW meetings at this point, so I need you as motivation.

It's Christmas week, however, so my childlike giddiness is setting in! La la la.

2 Comments:

Blogger Martie said...

Don't worry, we're right behind you. I was emailing my nutrionist in a frenzy today, because I'm not following my eating plan as close as I should be.
Anyway, she told me that this week is all about maintenence - not so much losing weight - then after xmas, you go back to losing.
Don't worry, everyone has their down time, but if you recognise it, then get back on the wagon, then you'll be fine.

La La - think I might join you in xmas excitement!

12/19/2005 9:12 pm  
Blogger Janet said...

A smooch on all your houses!

Thanks guys!

12/20/2005 5:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home