My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Monday, January 30, 2006

Hello strangers!

Oh, I'm soooo sorry for not checking in here for ages ('cause I know you've been just hanging out for me to write something- pfft!).

I've had the busiest time since my last post. Here's a summary -
- Nathan's (Bec's fiancee's) birthday (held at La Porchetta, a 'restaurant' I detest)
- Dad's birthday (at my parent's house - much better)
- Loads of job applications (I am considering enrolling in a real estate representative's course, in lieu of the social sciences course I really want to start, but can't, with our wedding being right in the middle)
- I saw Billy Connolly (and cried with laughter, I still wish he was my grandad)
- I saw Memoirs of a Geisha (wore one of my kanzashi, did not allow myself to become too despondent at Rob Marshall's molestation of the original text and traditions)
- Had hair and makeup trials for Bec's wedding (made me look like a vampy burlesque dancer, but once I took down the hair and removed an inch of eyeliner, I had a nice, smokey 'Charlotte from Sex and the City' visage (if only!))
- Spent Australia Day with Stu's side of the family (upon whom I desperately want to make a good impression, so spend the entire time being gushy and over polite, feeling fat and misunderstood - but they are nice people, I think it's mostly my negative internal dialogue)
- Completed Bec's wedding invitations (I am much celebrated for my bow tieing abilities, was told I should start a business in invitation design, don't have the confidence)
- I registered a loss of 0.5 kgs last Monday (nice)
- And a loss of 0.7 kgs today (la la la!)

Erm, that's all. Email me! I need outside contact.

3 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

I did email you with an offer you could hardly refuse, and bugger-me, you did!.. (he he only you, I and Sussy would have a clue what I'm talking about...everyone else get your minds out of my pants)

1/30/2006 5:34 pm  
Blogger Steph said...

Congrats on the weight loss, and meeting the "others" parentals is always hard. I'm sure they loved you.

2/04/2006 9:31 pm  
Blogger Janet said...

Oh, Steph, I've been with Stu for over six years, and have known his family for as long. But as familiar as I am with them, my self image gets in the way of my feeling completely comfortable with them.
I need therapy!

2/06/2006 1:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home