My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Monday, February 20, 2006

Hello!

Busy times, my friends.

Here is a sequence of events from the last few weeks.

- I am on my way to an interview, and receive a call from the company from whom I accepted my first offer of employment. "Can you start ASAP?" They ask. "Sure can - Friday?" I reply. So I have been working for a week and a half. Gee, isn't the working week long? Funny how one forgets these things.

- I received an offer from the other people, but only for part time work. As lovely as that would be, it is also lovely being able to pay the rent, so I said "No, thank you".

- I contracted a nasty infection, which spread into an awful rash. For which I took medication, causing more horrendously itchy, festy rashes and a propensity to burn easily. It also made me bloat up to zeppelin proportions, and as such I have gained 2 kgs, despite stringent point counting. I am coming off the medication, however it is interfering with my anti-baby tablets, so we have to resort to plan B for another two weeks. I hate plan B.

- My real estate course was meant to start tonight, however it has been postponed a week. It will be two nights a week, 6pm - 10pm. So for the next two months, I will resemble death warmed up. Don't mess with me.

- I bought a car. A cute little three door Excel, in a metallic oyster shade. It goes, I love it. Public transport, you're dumped. Man, am I glad to be getting out of that abusive, one-way relationship. But now I have a new neuroses to deal with - "Is my car okay?" will be running through my mind, on the continuous loop which already includes such worries as - Stu, hair, clothes, family, reputation, job, cat, blah, blah, blah. Joy.

- Oh, speaking of relationships, Valentine's was just lovely. Stu gave me a single, perfect rose, with a cute card containg precious words. He also took me to dinner at Sophia's, a new restaurant on the pier we've been eager to try. Huge, huge meals, as is typical of the mafia restaurant chain. And the weather was just gorgeous, so we strolled on the beach and watched the sunset - just my kind of Valentine's day - low key, yet still beautiful.

Mwah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home