My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Monday, February 06, 2006

Bubbye, Oprah.

As much as I have loved getting in touch with daytime television, and making the bed every day, I am delighted to say that I have been offered a job.

It's an admin role with a brokerage for financial services. It's full time, in the ritziest of Melbourne's south-eastern suburbs, working amongst a medium-sized friendly team. I'll be receiving more $ than I was at the Fizz Factory, and the proposed hours are fantastic.

The only aspect which could be viewed as a negative is the fact that it's only a five month contract. There is a possibility of extension, however, they want to assess the landscape before they add too many sheep to their flock. This, however, is actually a good thing. I have enrolled in the real estate representatives course, which I'll complete in evenings over the next few months. Those who know my soul are all too aware that it swells at the mere mention of real estate, and I would be thrilled to work in the industry. With a deadline to work towards, and certification under my belt, I can realise that dream.

I'm going to buy a car as soon as possible, as this new job is tricky to get to using public transport, which I detest anyways. It will also allow me to get between work and my course, and to be generally independent, thus more employable when I next have to search for work.

I actually have another interview for an entirely different kind of position on Wednesday, and I'm still going to go, if only for the chance to strut again in my hot hot hot new charcoal suit from Jacqui E. It's got a delicious flippy knee length skirt, and looks so cute with stockings and black heels. Curvy girls, get thee to Jacqui E, their clothes are beautifully styled, in lovely fabrics and sophisticated shades.

Hurray!

1 Comments:

Blogger Martie said...

Congrats! I'm sure after the contract, you will be offered something bigger and better.

2/09/2006 12:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home