My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Friday, September 01, 2006

Springalingadingdong

Yay spring. Love it. Delighted!

What I'm not delighted by though is the fact that many men, when liaising with me at work on the phone, become a little bedazzled by my speaking voice.

People whom have had the dubious honour of hearing my voice (a nasal whine, which is either singsong when I'm playing cute, deadpan when I'm comfortable, and always staccatoed by my desperate need to use big words and correct pronunciation - all really no good), would probably be surprised by this.

However, there are several guys who have asked me out just because of my voice. The last one found it 'intriguing', and several have called back many times to ask the stupidest questions, all under the guise of collecting some material to 'enjoy' themselves with.

I'm no prude, and I have a bit of fun with it, and can certainly use it to my advantage. Problem is, the nature of my work means that I know that they have wives, children, etc., and I can't help but feel sorry for those poor women.
What state is their relationship in that the man is trying to get dates with a girl, sight unseen? I don't like being a party to it, it makes me feel dirty.

And that wrecks the springtime feeling!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ren said...

That would be a little ickisome, however, personally knowing what gorgeousness is on the other end of the phone, I'd say it's TOTALLY JUSTIFIED!

*innocent grin*

9/04/2006 11:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home