My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Finally getting organised

Okies, I've tidied up my linkydinks, so all should be operational.

Erin, of Spider to Fly fame, I tried to fix your link, but when I tried to get to your newest blog, I got a Wordpress login - is that right?

I've also bought a few shoe organisers - enough to fit thirty-six pairs, so I'll need to cull the herd, but it will be cathartic. It's ridiculous how many pairs of black shoes I have - but I know there'll be more!

I've also spread my efficiency system to the ensuite, which is where I apply the warpaint for the day (the natural light is better in there than in the bathroom). I used to have a huge basket full of hairbrushes and makeup sponges and those random gifts you get for spending over a certain amount at the makeup counter (which never suit my colouring). I'd haul it out every morning - if I'd even managed to put it away the night before - and I'd have to dig through to find the things I want for the day. A real routine killer.
Now I have a teensy little tray with compartments - and the rule is that I have to use the items every day for them to be included. It has cut my preparation time by at least half! And I actually put it away afterwards, so the ensuite looks great!

I've also bought a big 1.5 litre water bottle, because it's so easy to get lazy with water at work, and tic tacs to help with sweet toothedness.

Now I just have to tackle the spice shelf, the craft closet, and find a magic device which will make our bed every day...

3 Comments:

Blogger Ren said...

The new link is:

https://saidthespidertothefly.wordpress.com/

Hehe. Just being helpful there.

And honey, I GOT THE JOB!!!!

*squeeing all over the damn place*

9/19/2006 6:10 pm  
Blogger Janet said...

Whoot whoot whoot!

9/20/2006 9:42 am  
Blogger Dusty said...

awww! you still wanna link me! you're awesome!

and i too, share in your joy of organisation - i love re-arranging. though.. usually losing interest halfway through the job.

congrats on tidyness!!

9/22/2006 9:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home