My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Friday, November 10, 2006

Allo!

So, what's happening?

My car died. It's been resurrected since, but I'm very, very lucky that it only cost me around $200 to fix, including the towing charge from Brighton to my mechanic in Somerville.
Apparently there's a chance that the head gasket might warp in the future, which would cost over $1000 to repair. My mechanic is gobsmacked that I was able to make it as far as I did without frying the engine... I got to within walking distance from work, which was handy, really (I say this retrospectively, at the time I was CHEESED, especially as Stu was in Sydney, so could only save me from afar).

I keep waking up at around 4-5 am, inexplicably. I'm not feeling too tired during the day, nor am I falling in to bed exhausted, but I feel robbed.

I've been playing squash about once a week with my little brother John - so much fun! But he's like, mega-champion of the squash world, and I am ultra amateur, so his patience is something to behold. I'd love to play more often, but Stu's reluctant to take out a membership, and John only has so many days to spare. Anyone down my way wanna play?

We've changed just about everything to do with the wedding - we'll eventually elaborate on that on the other dormant blog.

Still doing well at work, winning awards, getting bonuses and receiving compliments. Hurrah! Sometimes though I feel that it's too good to be true, and I'll be back in an admin role, or worse, unemployed again... but then I guess that's why I make an effort - once bitten, twice shy, all that.

I'm the same old weight as usual. It goes down, 'my time' comes along, it goes up, I work out really hard, it goes down, I have seventeen birthdays in a week, it goes up, I play squash, it goes down. I'm going to see a counsellor, to make sure that I can maintain my enthusiasm, and learn to say no to grandmas who insist I must have cake.

That's all - smooch!

4 Comments:

Blogger Martie said...

I'll play squash with you. Even though I'm the ultra-ultra amatuer, it seems like something that will get the heart rate up!

11/13/2006 8:15 pm  
Blogger Janet said...

Yay Martie! Are you around the mid Bayside region? I'm in the very deep south of said land - is there a court in between? I should do some research!

11/16/2006 8:53 am  
Blogger Martie said...

Yep. Smack bang in the middle of said land.

But willing to travel.

GSOH, etc, etc!

I know of a couple around this area and a bit beyond if you need some help.

11/16/2006 10:05 pm  
Blogger Janet said...

Fabbo, great!

I'll try and email you.

11/17/2006 9:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home