My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Eau de Cheap

I absolutely hate seeing luxury perfumes making their way into low-end department stores.
I know, it's elitist and shallow, but surely the manufacturers should be protecting the integrity of their brands by maintaining exclusivity? Offloading your merchandise for $50 a bottle at Big W or Target hardly screams opulence.
Sure, Britney's plastic-bottled creations are perfect for a discount chain, and if people want to buy 'designer replicas', they're welcome to. But the moment I see my favourites popping up in the cheapy catalogues, is when I deplete the bottle, and not ever buy it again. I suppose they're my favourites for the very reason that they're unlikely to be candidates for bargain time.

Okay, I'm done.

Hey, does anyone know when the next Clinique Gift Time is? I need to replenish my supplies (I am sooooooo addicted to Clarifying Lotion), and who doesn't love a little something extra?

Dear God, I am starving. I beseech you to conjure up a goat's cheese tart between your other, rather more important duties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home