My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Monday, January 29, 2007

So, so stupid

Stu has a semi-new car, and it's still on the dealer warranty. As such, he has his car serviced at the main service centre five minutes from home.

So that he could have his service last week, I offered to drive him to work. He works in Mulgrave, and I'm in Brighton, so it's out of the way, but with an early start, we could easily get it all done.

So why, oh why, did I not confirm the destination?

Stu left a little earlier, to book the car in. I took off about ten minutes later, and drove all the way to our mechanic in Somerville (in the wrong direction, of course). Only when I arrived, and saw that his car was not amongst the mechanic's collection, did my brain finally wake up.
Sheepishly, I drove all the way to the service centre in Frankston, and we proceeded to be twenty minutes late. We could have been on time!

The lesson learnt from this experience? Charge your mobile phone! Stu tried to call while I was on my magical mystery tour, and we would have averted the whole disaster.
Oh, the lamentations!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

*LMAO* You're so damn cute, I could cry.

2/01/2007 6:21 pm  
Blogger Janet said...

I think I'm regressing back into childhood - my memory is shot! I can't organise anything!

2/02/2007 9:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home