My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Stuff I've done, things I've seen

I seem to have become the queen of listing things I've done. Here, I cement my title.

- Saw Marie Antoinette. Fneh. It's like Who magazine trying to publish a volume of the encyclopaedia.

- Saw Dreamgirls - I actually liked this. Not the ending, but the songs were infectious, and Jennifer Hudson made me cry. Beyonce needs to get over herself.

- Saw Blood Diamond - pretty heart-wrenching. You weren't quite sure of who to take sides with, and I didn't feel any deep connection between any characters, but the story was definitely thought provoking.

- Saw The Pursuit of Happyness - I really liked this too, though I was anxious all the way through, worried about which other awful thing was going to happen next.

- Went to Little Britain Live - hilarious! Could have done without the old ladies throwing up, but all round, very good. The set changes were ingenious, as were the camera montages of the audience during intermission. And Anthony Stewart Head at the end - what a surprise!

So far, you may have decided that my tastes aren't all that highbrow. Y'know what though, I've just decided that I'm not going to go out of my way to see gloomy documentaries, or painful art house films.
I know, I know, expand the horizons - when I want to see these things, they're on Foxtel, or SBS, and I'm hardly going to get on here and blog about it. If I go out and about, I want to see something upbeat. I have a tendency to be a bit pessimistic, so a little harmless fun peps me up. Sometimes I wonder if the reason that we're all so depressed is because we watch all these deep, dark, and sometimes tedious projects, reminding us that the world is going to implode on us, that love can die out, our family will wither into dust, and poverty's just around the corner. What fun!

- Oh, I also won an award from work, a $400 voucher for Rockpool, Neil Perry's new venture at Crown. Absolutely. Amazing. Go there people. It's not often that I eat something and feel that it's sublime - every morsel was an epiphany. If we have something to celebrate in the future, it'll be there.

We've kicked the wedding into the next gear

- I called a trusted muso for help with the music for both the ceremony and reception, looks like the first options he gave are absolute winners, what a load off my mind!

- I have to make an appointment with the florist to see what they can do, this weekend perhaps. My problem is that I know what I don't like, but it's very hard to find a perfect example of what I do like.

- We've started to lock down the cake and dress ideas, and I have to get the bridesmaids together to decide on styles, fabrics, etc.

- Have a 'how to be married' session at the church soon - I'm really looking forward to it. We'll get to choose the readings and vows and get a run through of what to expect. Oooh - exciting! (for me anyways!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Ren said...

Sounds like it's getting down to the business end of things!

3/01/2007 9:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home