My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Monday, December 01, 2008

Thank you note

Dear Erin and Steve,

I know it's not customary for a guest to send a thank you note, but your wedding was so wonderful, I just had to say how grateful I was to be invited.

The setting was so serene, rustic and lush, like being in a postcard. The gorgeous (and at times amusing), music from the string quartet and Irish band created the perfect atmosphere.
The drink flowed freely and the food was abundant, all so delicious.

Erin, you were sumptously beautiful, and positively glowed. That hourglass figure wrapped in ornate brocade made you reminiscent of a Renaissance angel, topped with a veil of honey tendrils.

Steve, you were so charismatic, and generous with big, strong hugs (my favourite). I think everyone was in awe of how you commanded the room, but not surprised at how you stole Erin's heart. Oh, and you bake a mean ginger biscuit, so moreish!

Your love is so inspiring, you're so comfortable with one another, and your warmth radiated out to touch everyone present.

Your friends are amazing, if only the night was longer I could have met every one of them. They seemed so content within themselves, happy in each other's company, intelligent and witty. I'm so envious that they get to have you, and you get to enjoy them too. It's no secret that I have a bit of a girl crush on Allison, she's so smart I wated to soak up all she had to say.

If only every wedding I went to so perfectly fitted the couple. It just shows that if you can manage such a perfectly balanced union, you'll navigate the path ahead with ease, leaning on each other for support.

I hope the joyous feeling of the day follows you throughout your marriage, you lucky pair!

I love you guys! (hiccup)
xoxo

P.S. - Happy birthday to the bride!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

And the photographer at the reception (who has been subscribed to your blog for ages and didn't realise it was you) was awesome. ;)

12/02/2008 12:36 pm  
Blogger Janet said...

Yes, you were awesome! You must be able to extract some fabulous pictures with your enthusiastic approach.
But you must have been disappointed with your subscription to this blog, as it hasn't yielded much fruit over the last year!
Don't worry, I've got all sorts of neuroses, which I intend to vent. Watch this space!

12/03/2008 11:04 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Look forward to it!

12/03/2008 11:05 am  
Blogger Ren said...

This has been a long time in coming - I've been so busy looking after our international family that I haven't had time to type up a proper thank you for your thank you.

I am so glad you enjoyed the wedding. It was wonderful knowing you were there and having fun. I allow myself a small moment of prideful boasting when I say that the wedding was absolutely perfect. The things that went awry were so insignificant they didn't bear thinking about. The place was perfect, the staff were great, the music was wonderful and the photographers really added a sense of fun to the day which I know I definitely appreciated.

I am only sad I missed out on the music from the quartet, I was looking forward to that but the venue manager thought it would be better to get everyone out of the chilly afternoon breeze and continue in the slab hut.

But yes, so very glad you enjoyed yourself, honey. :)

12/08/2008 12:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home