My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Thursday, June 14, 2007

I heart my work

I've always felt lucky that I fell into this job.
Sure, I've earnt the success that I've had with the company, but I feel that I could just as easily be working in an unispiring, underpaid position, had they scrolled past my application.

It's paying for our wedding, it means that we will be able to buy a (very modest) house in the future, and it keeps petrol in my car.

But more importantly, we've moved to a big shiny office in the past few months, and they've just installed a coffee machine - with a barista! And a big flat panel TV, hooked up with a Nintendo Wii. And a ping pong table (?). And a cushy lounge area. I don't think they want us to work any more!

I wish that all my favourite peeps could work for a company like this!

Update
I just read the blog of one of my dearest friends, who is not enjoying work quite as much as I am. Just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't boasting, but retrospectively, perhaps this shows that there is light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how long or dark the tunnel might be.
I'm thinking of you shnookins. xoxo

1 Comments:

Blogger Ren said...

A ping-pong table? How cool! And boast away, darl - it's a job that you're not only good at, but obviously enjoy. I don't hold people's good fortune against them anymore. I just get a teeeeeeny bit jealous.

6/25/2007 7:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home